Another year has come and gone. While 2013 wasn’t quite as eventful as 2012, it was still an exciting and happy time in the Snyder household. After a bit of thought, in no particular order here are the top five moments of 2013.
1. New House – Tim and I did not plan on buying a home in 2013, but we both decided it was time. We settled on a nice home in Gilbert, Ariz. While we have certainly been through the perils of ownership already (our A/C broke twice this summer), we could not be happier with the house we can call our own.
2. Brother’s Wedding – My little brother got married this past September in San Tan Valley to one of my good friends and sorority sisters! Their wedding was beautiful and they are both very happy which is most important. We had a great time having all of our family out in Arizona and I am so happy to call Christina family!
3. Half Marathon – I ended up running two half marathons in 2013. As I mentioned before, I did not train at all for the first one and followed a strong training plan for the second one. While I am still not pleased with my time at the Scottsdale-Tempe Women’s Half, I am thrilled with the fact it has gotten be back into the sport I loved in high school and in a fitness routine.
4. New Job – 2013 was the year I was able to score my current dream job, working in communications for a local municipality. I love the work I do for the QC and the people I interact with on a daily basis. It has been wonderful.
5. Thanksgiving/Christmas – The holidays were quite a bit different for me this year. I had not traveled for Thanksgiving since my senior year of college and was so happy we were able to go to my in-laws in Minnesota this year. The ability to spend time with my adorable nephews and amazing sister and brothers-in-laws was priceless.
It was also my first Christmas away from Santa Maria since I was four years old and I have to say, I loved hosting Christmas this year. With my new job, I am unable to take vacation until February and therefore had to stay in Arizona for Christmas. My parents and grandparents came out to spend the holiday with Tim, Josh, Christina and I and it was awesome being able to host a major holiday in our home.
Overall, it’s been a great year! Bring on 2014!