Happy New Year! I like to make goals every year, with the understanding that they can easily change throughout the year due to circumstances changing. This can make the goal either grow (i.e. a faster pace) or decline. Last year I hit one or two (half marathon and I think I read 12 books this year), barely missed one (AFI Top 100) and just didn’t even come close on two (stretch daily, blog once a week). Anyway, here are my goals for 2014!
1. FINISH THE TOP 100!! – We almost finished the Top 100 in 2013 and were two away from clinching that goal! Binge-watching Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones got in the way but that’s ok, we’ll just have to make this one an easy goal for 2014 🙂
2. Read 12 books – It’s not always easy to take the time to read, but I think I can manage to get through one a mont.
3. Take a Photoshop class. – For my career and my personal life, I would like to develop my Photoshop skills this upcoming year.
1. Run a sub 2:10 half marathon – I’ve mentioned this a few times but it is a serious goal and if I don’t hit it on March 1, be expecting another half shortly after.
2. Run 600 miles in 2014 and run in at least six races. So far, I’ve signed up for three (Spay Pride 5k, Phoenix (Half) Marathon and Pat’s Run. I would like to do another half and a 10k.
3. Incorporate strength training into fitness routine – This is something I have been meaning to do for some time but with a new gym opening up across the street, 2014 may be the year I finally do more than just cardio. I royally hate lifting weights and need a class in order to get myself motivated so here is hoping there are some pump classes to take advantage of!
4. Attempt to food prep. So often the week gets crazy and it really would be awesome if we already had veggies cut, ingredients ready to go, eggs hard boiled… I don’t want to prep for every meal of the week, but it would be nice to have a few of them ready to go.
1. Visit Hong Kong – Tim’s best friend Tyler is going to be living in Hong Kong for a year and we plan on making it out there to visit. While it won’t be cheap, it is a once in a lifetime experience I cannot wait for, plus Tyler is awesome.
I hope everyone has a great and wonderful 2014! Cheers!